Afamily has lost their home to a fire caused by using a compact fluorescent light bulb in a lamp controlled by a dimmer switch.
The state fire marshal’s office says such fires are rare, but they’re a real danger that people should consider when replacing incandescent bulbs with the more efficient fluorescent type.
Truck driver Rick Jenkins says he didn’t think to read the label before screwing in the bulb. The fire caused 165,000 dollars worth of damage to his home.
I wonder what happen to all the mercury in the bulb.