I promised a summary of the Senate budget but I missed a couple things in my last post. All numbers are for the whole 2008-10 biennial.
Additional expense in green, cuts in red, and editorials in black.
- Cutting $894,868 for the Virginia Crime Commission while spending $17,280 on the “Virginia Bicentennial of the American War of 1812 Commission”. Dear Lord…
- Cutting $2,000,000 for court-appointed attorneys for juveniles.
- Cutting $6,000,000 for court-appointed attorneys for adults.
- Cutting $5,902,000 for drug courts. For information on drug courts click here.
- Spending $166,760 to convert Buckingham County’s Commonwealth’s Attorney position to full-time. Meanwhile, Caroline County, that has a population that is 66.04% more than Buckingham County, doesn’t get funding.
- Cutting $1,066,000 that would have gone to localities from the wine tax and profit from Alcoholic Beverage Control.